Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What worked for me had to be the rich language and world building that starts right on the very first page when readers get a glimpse of one elaborate design created on Princess Lia's back. Readers see how tightly controlling Lia's world is and how she wants nothing more than to not only erase the design but the loveless match that she is sure will bring her nothing but misery.

Lia is willful, strong, and stubborn right from the start. A decision she makes has her rushing off into a new world filled with danger. Readers can't help but want her to be able to succeed and maybe, just maybe, find her own love without the societal constraints forced on women of her world.

Rafe, the prince, was a character that didn't fit the cliche jilted royalty out to get revenge. I liked seeing his conflicts and struggles that begin with his first encounter until the last.

What I had issues with had to be the different POVs throughout. At times they were hard to follow. I really loved Lia and Rafe and wanted to see more of them.

Another problem I had was with Kaden. I really didn't feel the connection between him and Lia. Maybe it was because of who and what he really is( don't worry! No spoilers here!) I just had a hard time buying the love triangle. But that's just my opinion.

Otherwise, this is another must read for those who love high epic fantasies/romances with writing that sweeps you away into a whole different realm. The history, culture is lush in this world and readers won't be disappointed to be a part of Lia's journey.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account