Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Kill Order, the prequel to one of the best series out there. I was kinda disappointed with this book, it just wasn't as good as the original series. I liked the idea and all, with the origin of the Flare, I thought it was brilliant and horrible. I thought it was sad for those leaders to think the solution is to destruct, really sad. What I didn't really like about this book is how Mark didn't think twice about killing, and ran off with Alec when he could be protecting his friends, his actions had no real reason.

I really liked the plot, and how it explained a few details that linked with the Maze Runner (Crankheads, the origin of the disease, and immunes). Although it had parts with Thomas and Teresa in the prologue and the epilogue, it didn't really connect deeply, which is both good (freedom to write) and bad (Thomas is awesome!).

I thought that the ending was kinda sad, how everyone just died. The whole journey for Mark and Alec to the base was really worth nothing at all, as they did not pass the information on to anyone, so it just died with them. They could of spent the time they wasted doing better things, like stopping Bruce and helping Deedee and Lana. I also felt like Mark and Trina should of spent more together, as in the blurb, the book hinted it was about them, not Mark and Alec, who were never to far apart.

All in all, The Kill Order was a great edition to the Maze Runner series. If you love the Maze Runner, then it is definitely worth reading. Be warned, I think it is a good idea to read this book after the Death Cure, as in the prologue and epilogue, it reveals much of the story in Maze Runner that would spoil the surprise. :)
Good Points
-Its pretty cool and sad to find out that the Flare was created by humans to murder half the population because of resources.
-To find out one of the first immunes, Deedee, and how everything came to be
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account