Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I'm still trying to figure out exactly what is going on in this book. It felt very Hunger Games-esque except, instead of hunting each other, the object is to hunt "hepers" or humans. The people (if you can call them that) are vampire-like in nature, requiring human blood in order to survive, they use fangs to procure that blood and the sun kills them. They also have some very bizarre habits that make them creatures all their own. It took me awhile to finish this because some of those habits I found to be nauseating. (Their idea of "second base" takes "weird" to a whole new level and made my armpits hurt just reading it.)

The writing itself was good and the characters had depth but the story didn't get interesting for me until about 3/4 of the way into it. That's about the time I figured out this was most likely part of a series. The book has plenty of action, two possible love triangles and a surprising twist is thrown in at the end which is a good segue into the next book. I just don't know that this was the book for me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account