N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Josh

The stunning conclusion to The Hunger Games trilogy was finally released on August 24, 2010. Anyone who had read the first two books was as eager as me to get their hands on the book. After reading this amazing book I was devasted that the fire had finally been put out and the series had finally come to an end. The story follows the character Katniss Everdeen, who in the first two books had been to the Hunger Games twice and won both times, each by pulling a wild stunt that the Capital didnt like. Now Katniss finds herself in District 13, which was thought to have been wiped out during the Dark Days, and in the middle of a war between the Capital and the Districts. Having sparked the war by defying the Capital in the Hunger Games, she is chosen to be the leader of the district rebels. She reluctently agrees. Still heartbroken over the fact that her friend and so-called lover Peeta is in the hands of the capital, a rescue team is sent and they retrieve him. It turns out that his mental state is unsecure, and they find out that he had been subjected to a sort of brainwashing torture done by the Capital, and he now hates Katniss. They make progress though, and in the end when they launch their final attack on the Capital, he arrives there to be on Katnisss team. After a freak accident leaves two members of her team dead, she decides to lead the rest on a false mission to assassinate the President. In the end, she fails but the President is captured and is to be executed by Katniss, who in turn instead kills the President of District 13 for causing the death of her sister. At the end, she is forced to choose between Peeta and Gale, and she chooses Peeta. In my opinion, the book was amazing. Katniss is a character with depth, and her strong, brave personality shines throughout the series even in her darkest times. Though she hates to admit it, she has leadership qualities. Her reactions to events are just like a normal person would react, not overly stressed like in other books. I liked the book because the author didnt hold back to make it less intense for the younger readers, she exposed the raw terror and violence. Though the book felt a little rushed with lots of things happening in a short period of time, it was really good. Suzanne Collins ends this series with a bang, and any reader will be left thinking for hours after they have finished they book. Throughout the book Katniss demonstrates extreme acts of love, courage, and strength.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account