Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Oh, The Hunger Games. My sole obsession. This is one of my favorite books of all time, and I've read a lot. Believe me. Suzanne Collins is partially the reason why I read so often. Trying to find a book even better than THE HUNGER GAMES? It's been proven more difficult than I expected. Hah.
12 Districts. 24 tributes. One winner. Once a year, in the country of Panem, the Hunger Games are held. The 12 boys and 12 girls are sent to an arena to fight til the death for the sole purpose of entertaining the citizens of the capitol. It's considered a punishment for the rebellious acts of their ancestors so many years ago. In this novel, this is the future of The United States.
EVERY EMOTION POSSIBLE is felt during the process of this book. Seriously. I cried. I cheered. I was pissed. Everything Katniss and the others felt, I did too. It takes a perfect writer to do that to a reader, especially me.
The writing in this book is great. Collins seriously did a damn good job here. I LOVE all of the characters- Katniss, Gale, Peeta, everyone. The author described them and created their distinctive personalities with every little detail in mind. At first, I wasn't a huge fan of Peeta(I know, crazy, right?), he seemed too.. perfect, but then after reading the trilogy for a second time, I realized I love him too. How can you not?
Whenever a friend asks for a recommendation, I immediately tell them to read this book, and since they know I don't get excited like this over a book easily, they go ahead and read it as well. Now we're all obsessed together.
The Hunger Games deserves 10 out of 5 stars, but since I can't do that, 5 will have to suffice.
Read this. Now. You will be so glad you did.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account