Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by brooke

THE HUNGER GAMES
The book starts out with a sixteen year old girl Katniss Everdeen, from district 12. She is the main character of the book. Every year, there is a punishment for discrict 13s rebelion.Two tributes from the ages of twelve and eighteen are chosen by
lottery from each of the twelve districts to challenge/fight each other to the death in the arena. The event is called the Hunger Games and everyone in the Capitol can watch it on Tv. The winning praise is given food and a simple life for themselves and there families also with presents of food and resources for their district. Katniss voluntered to take her little sister Prim's place after she was drawn in the lottery. A bakers son named Peeta that katniss new through school, is also drawn to fight in the Games. So katniss and Peeta had to go to the Capitol to fight other children in the arena. In a twist of events we find out that Peeta is in love with Katniss and so is Gale a boy that is in the same district that katniss is in and hunted with her. The love triangle pretty much means katniss has got a sittuation. So it makes it more exciting and adds on to the story line and to the Games themselves as Katniss and all the other tributes fight for their lives.

I thought that this was an good book so i rated it a three.The characters didnt really make scence because they were put in just to die, some didnt really have a main part. They were pretty realistic and sympathetic though.The plot was dramatic, and kept me wanting to read on.It was good because there were many surprises, and it was romantic at the same time.

i would suggest this book to people my age because i liked it and i dont really like books at all. it was really interesting and exciting. I might even read the rest of the series.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account