N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
WHAT I LIKED:

To say that this book is amazing might be the biggest understatement. Before we go down further, let me just say that Apollo has a special place in my heart. He's my favorite Olympian and I fell in love hard with his charms and wit in The Titan's Curse, which I have read several years ago.

Now that we have established that, let's go on. The first book in this epic new series from the Myth Master himself, offers a great new adventure for us mortals who love to pretend that we're demigods. Come on, you totally did it. If it makes you feel better, I wanted to be in Apollo's cabin. Anyway, it is a great feeling to be smacked right in again in this world. Camp Half-Blood felt like home to me.

The story starts with Apollo, who was cast out from Olympus by Zeus which turned him into a mortal, being bullied in an alley. He was rescued by Meg, a seemingly hopeless kid who turns out to be a demigod. As Meg claims Apollo's service, the two starts an adventure to Camp Half-Blood in order to remedy Apollo's situation.

This is going to be hard as I don't want to spoil this book for you guys, but the some characters from Rick's other books are here, most probably the ones you want to see so that is really a great treat for me.

The pacing of the story is consistent, yet I managed to devour this book for a day because it's really awesome! It is action-packed, thrilling, funny, witty, sarcastic, and nostalgic, a great starter for a series.

The characters are really well taken care of. Rick Riordan knows how to write his characters efficiently, each of them has their own unique abilities and wit. It was also great to see how Will and Nico's relationship grow, which leads me to my next point. Rick knows how to represent characters well. He's written POC and LGBT+ characters and the book proves how influential and empowering this is, especially for the younger generation.

WHAT LEFT ME WANTING MORE:

I'm definitely looking forward to the next book! It sucks that I have to wait for a year but I know it's going to be worth it. It deals with Apollo's character development and I'm excited to see more, especially with the other characters like Meg, since it's barely touched. I guess it's really good that this book focuses on his character first so we have a good anchor on him.

FINAL VERDICT:

Overall, this book did not disappoint at all. It is truly fascinating, captivating and an enjoyable read!
Good Points
A good book to get you back in this universe, Interesting and witty characters, sarcastic and charming banter, Huge character development
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account