Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The critically acclaimed author of ME, EARL, AND THE DYING GIRL brings us another hilarious, heartfelt contemporary story about 3 very different teens who form an impromptu band and head south to go on tour. But how can you play good music when you can't even get along enough to decide on a band name?

THE HATERS is literally laugh-out-loud hilarious. Incredibly well written with well-developed characters, this is a fantastic stand-alone novel. The main characters, Wes, Corey, and Ash, are super fun and really relatable. Their dialogue is cringe-worthy and laughable in a very authentic way. I really felt for the trio, all throughout the book. Their character development and changing relationships were so dramatic and interesting that it kept me turning the pages.

The musical aspects of THE HATERS are so complex! There are references to about a million bands and musicians, the detailed jam sessions are really fun, and the crazy band names they come up with are just absurdly fun. This is THE young adult book for music fans.

As an aside, I listened to the audiobook and I HIGHLY recommend it. Each of the characters has a unique and distinct voice that is easy to recognize. The narrator portrays emotion so well that I felt like the characters were in the car with me! I highly recommend getting the audiobook of THE HATERS!

Verdict: If you're looking for an amazing contemporary read and you love music, this is your new favorite book. Pick up THE HATERS and you'll end up loving it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account