Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
F. Scott Fitzgerald's book "The Great Gatsby" set in the 1920's known as the "Roaring Twenties" is about a man called Nick Carraway, and his journey through witnessing his cousin's relationship with a mysterious, rich man named Gatsby, who is trying to win over his first love once again, having lost her years ago, but also dealing with many obstacles getting in the way. I must say, when my English teacher first told us we were going to read The Great Gatsby this year, I wasn't very thrilled about it. I'm not a big fan of mandatory reading books, they always seems so dragged out and boring to me. So I was very surprised when I found myself getting more interested in this book the more we read each day. I almost wanted to read ahead if only I owned a copy!

The books starts out a bit slow, I was kind of bored with the first chapter, but once you start getting more in depth with the characters, and learn of their connections to each other, I started to wonder how this book would turn out in the end. So I kept reading! As I read further into the book, I really did love the characters. They were all wicked and crazy people who knew how to have a good time, but the downside to their lives was their ungratefulness towards others and took society for granted.
One of my favorite scenes from this book was when Daisy told Tom she never loved him. You could almost feel Tom's anger, and Daisy's nervousness!
Overall I do not regret reading this book! One of the best books I've read this year!
Good Points
- The writing style was very sophisticated,and detailed!
- Each of the characters were connected to each other in a different way, which made things seam more intense, and mysterious.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account