Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I really loved the premise of a teen who has questions about her past which include how she got a mysterious paw print on her hip. Add the lush Vancouver Island background, a love triangle, and strange things happening around her and I'm hooked.

Maya is an interesting heroine who loves the wildlife in her tiny medical-research community. The animals love her in turn and that includes mountain lions that seem to follow her. I liked the romantic angle between Daniel, who she grew up with and Rafe the new kid in the community. Daniel is protective of Maya but it's Rafe mystery that first fascinates Maya then leads her to find out more. I have to say the chemistry is hotter with Rafe. I did like how multi-layered these characters were.

The revelation behind what's really going on in the community was equally fascinating especially when one reporter comes in and snoops around a tad too much. Let's just say the leaders of this community haven't exactly been truthful with the teens. With Rafe and his sister's arrival more unanswered questions come up.

The Native American legend of shapeshifters is explored in this novel too. I wanted to know more about skinwalkers(which Maya and Rafe are). Also the cliffhanging ending made me anxious to know what happens next with all the characters including whether Rafe and Maya go further in their relationship and how they will deal with their paranormal abilities.
Good Points
Love the Native American angle of shapeshifters. Maya is an intriguing heroine with the mystery surrounding her paw-print birthmark and her own love of animals. The community is equally intriguing.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account