Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I’m not a big contemporary fan… but this was excellent. It was so excellent, that there was one point that I was forcing myself not to cry. I just felt so connected to the characters that I was tearing up.

This story is from the point of view of a girl named Hazel who has likely terminal cancer. But it’s not a sob story like you might think—I don’t think the purpose of the story was to make you weep openly. No, it was more about… the battle and the strength these people have to have to fight it.

Hazel is an excellent character. Her view on life and her illness is something very interesting to look at, because she just feels so real. She feels so lifelike that you can’t help but get attached to her.

You can’t help but get attached to Augustus either. Augustus’ views on life and his illness are just as interesting because he’s just as lifelike as Hazel. The whole plot of the story depends on August being there, actually. And what a plot it was.

Beautifully paced, perfectly written. All the characters and locations are so real you might as well be standing right there! I was so happy to have read this book—even if it is the only contemporary book I own. Highly recommended.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account