N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved:

In this compelling sequel to last year's IMMORTAL RULES, Ms. Kagawa delivers yet another fast-paced, gritty story that is as much about defeating the villain as it is about holding on to what makes us human.

The world building is flawless--the reader is completely immersed in the post-apocalyptic, plague-infested, vampire-ruled world Kagawa has created. From the ruined monuments of the previous civilization to the opulence of the vampire towers, there isn't a single false note.

The plot is fast-paced while still giving the reader some breathing room with the characters. Twists and turns will catch the reader by surprise and keep the reader turning pages long past bedtime.

Kagawa is particularly adept at delivering flawed, nuanced characters who sometimes surprise the reader. Vampires in Kagawa's world are monsters, but the heroine is discovering that she can choose what kind of monster she wants to be. Humans aren't always any better than the monsters they fear. And true love (and trust) is hard to come by, but is infinitely precious.

The first book in this series revived my love of post-apocalyptic novels while also convincing me that I wasn't quite done with vampires. This second installment simply solidifies that conclusion.

What Left Me Wanting More:

Nothing. ETERNITY CURE is a strong sequel to IMMORTAL RULES. Both the plot and the characters kept me fully engaged.

Final Verdict:

ETERNITY CURE is a compelling story. Come for the monsters, the mayhem, and the gripping tension. Stay for the thread of hope that binds it all together. This is dark, gritty, and authentic dystopian done right.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account