Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
About halfway though the book, I started to get a feeling that the book would end with my heart in pieces scattered along the floor. And true to form, Julie Kagawa did not disappoint. My heart did in fact break, but the book was well worth the heartbreak. She is such an incredible writer.

I first picked up The Immortal Rules because the plot was just so intriguing. The world of vampire cities and rabids, and total post-aplotolityic desperation was just too much to ignore. Even though I have never been a big reader of vampire books, I read that one. And fast. I knew that The Eternity Cure would be no different. I had to have it. And when I had it, I had to read it.

So The Immortal Rules, it leaves off with Alli leaving Eden and the people she cares about to go find her sire. Dreams have been haunting her as Kanin calls out to her in pain under the torture of the super-duper-creepy vampire Sarren. Seriously, the guy is actually a psycho. With Kanin in his hands, Alli starts following the blood call *Blood calls to blood* to rescue him. Well she hits a bit of a bump in the road, that bump being her brother Jackal. That's right, the raider king from the first book.

From there the adventure just continues as people continue to pop up and surprise you throughout the rest of the pages. Lost of action-packed scenes pop up along the way as Alli returns to the one place she wanted to say goodbye to forever- her home. New Covington is under a bit of a threat that hasn't been seen is sometime. In the end, Alli will be working on borrowed time to save the place she loves, the "father" who gave her new life and taught her to choose the type of monster she would become, and the human she loves.

It's a bit of a roller coaster ride, but it you read the first book, it's a ride you have to hop on. I seriously doubt you will be disappointed. I know I wasn't.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account