N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
FEEDBACK
I honestly don’t even know where to start. Originally I read this book because I got an advanced copy of The Iron Will of Genie Lo thinking that was book 1. When I realized it wasn’t I obviously didn’t mind going back to this one to read it. Friends, this book was beyond amazing. It is safe to say that Genie Lo will be one of my favorite books this year. The plot, the story, the pace, everything flowed and worked so well. I will admit I’m a little ignorant when it comes to Chinese Mythology but the story of the Monkey King is the only one I’m vaguely familiar with and really enjoy. So it was so much fun reading this retelling. Set in a modern day era, Yee brings so much to this old tale with a fantastic twist. It was funny, it had action, and most importantly, it told a story.

Genie Lo will be one of the best characters I have ever read. Period. She has burrowed herself deep within my heart and will continue to stay there. Genie had so much personality and growth that I loved reading her story. And then Quentin? Oh my goodness was he perfect. Genie and Quentin’s interaction seriously gave this book so much personality. It was fantastic to see how Genie’s life had changed after Quentin arrived – and rightfully so. Then you have Yunie. What a fantastic best friend. And Genie’s mom? Everyone just worked for this book.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Overall, The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F.C. Yee became one of my favorite books of the year. The plot was so engaging and the comedy very well placed. Each scene pushed into the next scene with a fantastic flow. I absolutely fell in love with each character, especially Genie and Quentin. This is a book I honestly recommend to anyone.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account