Review Detail

4.0 12
Young Adult Fiction 393
Emotional second book where America's choices only get harder.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I flew through this one and enjoyed getting to see another side of all of the characters. This one did a much better job at elaborating on the other girls, and I really enjoyed that. I know it was impossible in the first because getting to know America, Maxon and Aspen, and of course, there were just TOO many other girl.
Oh, America. She still needs time. I don't know why I am surprised by this because it is only the second book in the series, and of course she hasn't made a decision. I just feel for her heart as well as Maxon and Aspen, because someone is going to get hurt.
I enjoyed getting to know Marlee more, and interested at her reasoning for why she doesn't think she and Maxon are a good match. I, of course, have some speculations, but wanted more events to unfold. Besides, I just like her and America's friendship. It is refreshing to read about with all of the politics and love triangle afoot. Not saying that I don't like the romance, and getting deeper into that, I just like that aspect as well.
But oh, at the event that the synopsis hints at with the devastating loss--oh my goodness. I couldn't believe it and wished that there was something I could do to change it. It made me want to cry and scream.
And while I can understand America questioning herself and what she thought was her choice, I just wanted to strangle her because she wasn't looking at the whole picture.
I was so mad at her at times, because while I understood needing to get her feelings straightened out, and I am usually all for the forbidden love, I just didn't want for anyone to get hurt. And she was playing with huge fire still having feelings with Aspen, and the risks that they took in Selection alone were enough to be charged with treason according to the rules.
I couldn't look away from the book though, and my heart was torn just like hers with each twist and thing that happens, but I know that I am rooting for Maxon overall, and I think that America could do great things with him for the nation.
I am so ready for the next book in the series, and it is almost sad that I got the arc because now I have to wait longer... But I was immersed in this story and counting down until I can read more.

Bottom Line: Emotional second book where America's choices only get harder.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account