N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Yan

The Demons Lexicon took quite a while to start. For the first half we were introduced to the characters, the basic groundworkdetails, names, behaviors. While it was nicea hint of action or twoI got slightly bored of it. I feared that The Demons Lexicon would be all hype and no delivery. The second half, however, killed it and sold me to Sarah as a rising author to an amazing series.

It was within the intricate plotline, the evasiveness, the twists and turns that I have come to believe that SRB is a wonderful story teller. I had no idea what she had in mind, when she laid out the small little details, that flew together so smoothly in the end. I am still quite speechless about how well it was executed! Magnificent!

Characters as well were a bit of a surprise. I imagined a certain type of persona from a glimpse and was shocked at how much depth they each had in the later half. They all have their secrets that could not be told and motives for their actions.

Alan for me was spectacular. He was all twist and turns. I thought I had the perfect idea of what he was, what he wanted, and it turned completely 180.

Nick was also different. In some ways he was more stable as it involved the actual plotline that wowed me with Nick. But I do have to say that his affection and loyalty to his brother, Alan was touching.

Again the action lies in the second half. The first half rather dull but you cannot stop once you pass it.

Overall: Sadistic humor, touching, surprising and exhilarating, The Demons Lexicon will astound readers across the world. Bravo to Sarah for an amazing debut.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account