N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by stephanie

The beginning half of the book was all exposition - setting up the plot, the characters, and getting used to Sarah's writing style. Unfortunately though, I thought it was a tad boring so I was happy when by the halfway point, I slowly started to see the whole story clearer and managed to get drawn in.

What I enjoyed reading about The Demon's Lexicon was the characters. Nick and his brother Alan were brothers who, personality-wise, were completely different. Alan was a kind, heartwarming dude who cared about others and put others before himself. And it was obvious how much he cared for Nick. Nick, on the other hand, was a ruthless and cold-blooded killer. He cared only for his brother and no one else. Not even his mother. And the reason he stuck with his mother, protecting her, was because of Alan. Both characters, though, didn't acquire any depth in their personalities until the second half of the plot was executed.

The plot was very intricate. Full of details, twists and turns, it can really leave a reader either breathless or confused. I loved the mystery of the whole thing and loved how I couldn't predict what was happening because I enjoy surprises. The ending was a complete shock to me. I never expected it and just thinking back on it, I never could've seen it coming.

Sarah's writing style was very unique. A master storyteller. She managed to lay out the intricate details, the imperfection of the characters, the mysterious plot into something that had life.

Overall, The Demon's Lexicon was surprising, a tad confusing, breathtaking with a hint of cruel and vicious humor.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account