Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Not every book I read hits me like a ton of bricks, in a good way. Not every book I read leaves me with a “Oh My God,” feeling. Not every book leaves me anticipating the sequel worse than anticipating The Hobbit 2. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken is a new dystopian novel for teens. There have been many to come out since Suzanne Collins “rebooted” the genre with The Hunger Games, some are too copycat and not very good. Not The Darkest Minds!!

The Darkest Minds begins with a little bit of background on the main character of Ruby. Ruby is one of the survivors in a world where all the children have disappeared. Taken to camps and tortured. But some look to escape. This book comes out on Tuesday so I don’t want to spoil anything about it. I highly recommend it if you enjoyed The Hunger Games or the X-Men Movies. It has a read X-Menish feel to the book. Don’t start this book until you have the time to dedicate to it.

Alexandra Braken writes with a unique style. She takes the time to develop her characters. While this may seem to make the novel move slowly at first, it is needed because you need to develop an attachment for Ruby. The second half of the book moves at the speed of light. I highly recommend this book to teens and for teen collections.
Good Points
This book was exciting.
Vivid Characters
Action
Love
Romance
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account