Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Bree Despain is a masterful writer! The Dark Divine is a book that plunks you down into a roller coaster car, tightens the harness and takes off without even giving you a chance to think twice. From the very first page I was hooked and there was no going back!

We meet Grace Divine, her sister Charity Divine and her brother Jude Divine. How much do you love their names? I know I did. They are the children of (fittingly enough) a pastor and have the "perfect family" vibe going on.

Enter Daniel Kalbi. A spectre from their past, and Grace's long time crush. After vanishing, he comes back unexpectedly and Grace finds herself falling for him all over again. Except this time, he's a different person and there is something mysterious about him.

Grace is a really fantastic main character. I have heard others say that she doesn't actually contribute a lot to the story, but I disagree. Following her through the story is intriguing, and seeing how her upbringing affects her decisions is intense. There are so many times in the story that Grace is stuck in a moral quandary and still makes a great decision.

Long story short? Really enjoyed this book!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account