Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Savannah Colbert has a strange attraction to Tristan, the egotistical jock who stopped talking to her in fourth grade. Tristan has a strange attraction to Savannah, a cute redhead who he is forbidden to speak to. And he doesn’t know why. The tagline really says it all: Secrets, Bloodlust, Magic (The Clann)

I desperately wanted to fall in love with Crave. My arms were wide open, ready to embrace any twists and turns that came along with the fellow characters within the 400-some page magic and bloodlust novel. The narration switches first-person between Savannah and Tristan, and the first fifty pages were a little info dumpy, but it didn’t deter me from reading because I wanted to see where the book progressed. When the narration switched to Tristan, I was drawn in a bit because the Clann was somewhat intriguing. Sadly, the intrigue got squashed by the characters. I feel like if you take out who is narrating (i.e. Tristan or Savannah) you wouldn’t be able to pick which, their voices way too similar. The dialogue for the most part between all the characters fell in the same category. Except for Anne, Savannah’s loud and confident best friend. Some of my favorite moments were with Anne speaking her mind and bantering with Tristan.

The book was well written (I could picture everything) and there was a strong voice, but that strong voice belonged to each and every character to where I just couldn’t connect to anyone. If the plot was a little faster, I may have lasted longer with the book. But I stopped at a little over two hundred pages. It kills me inside to put a book down, knowing I’ll never come back to it. And it also kills me to give a poor rating when I know the author is talented and poured her heart in this story. I sadly give it two stars, but I do think other readers may enjoy Crave, particularly those who like high school romances similar to Twilight, Gossip Girl, or The A-List series. For me, however, Crave just didn’t make me hungry for more.
Good Points
the magic
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account