Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I just want to say that I really like the cover. No idea why, I just really do.

Crave had an interesting concept. Sure, there was the typical forbidden love thing going on, and it was full of secret societies, so it's not like it was a new idea, but the way the Clann worked was interesting. They're the typical dictators, in a way, but they were still different. more interesting. They've told every member of the Clann that they're not supposed to have anything to do with Savannah and because of that, Savannah is subjected to bullying every day.

And then she changes. I thought Savannah bought it a little too easily when her parents explained to her that she was becoming half vampire, half witch. She only thought it was a joke for about ten seconds.

Tristan and Savannah were great characters. Tristan doesn't want to follow in his father's footsteps, and in a way, Savannah is the same way. She doesn't want to be what her father is. And I felt bad for both of them - other people kept trying to control their lives.

Crave switched off between Tristan and Savannah's narration, and I just want to say that Darnell did a great job at making their narrations different. Savannah's was smoother, more beautiful, while Tristan's was much simpler. At the same time, though, I felt like something was missing from Savannah's narration. I think it was just because for the first half of the book, I couldn't relate to her. Once she started having more interactions with Tristan, I started to feel a lot better about her. And Tristan? I loved him. Even when he wasn't talking to Savannah, he was still trying to protect her.

The secondary characters are where I really had problems, mainly on Savannah's side. Her best friend, Anne, annoyed the heck out of me. I feel like she always made Savannah sound weak when she was talking about her. And Savannah's mom? Her mom was the kind of parent most teenagers hate and constantly want to rebel against. She was controlling Savannah's life and she was always telling Savannah it was going to be okay. There were times I seriously questioned if her mom was just that naive, or if she was just trying to make Savannah feel better, which I think was pointless considering what was happening.

Overall: I may have had some issues with it, but I really loved the plot, especially the last fourth of the book, which was full of twists. The romance between Tristan and Savannah never felt like it was going too fast or too slow, and Darnell managed to turn a cliche concept into something I found really interesting. 4 stars.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account