Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
First Impressions: I was initially interested in this book from the first time I seen the awesome cover art on Goodreads. Yep, I’m a total sucker for great covers and this one drew me right in. I also thought it was fascinating that the author and this book were “found” by an editor on inkpop.com. What an amazing way to be discovered! That had to be a dream come true!

First 50 Pages: It is always interesting when the setting of a book takes place in somewhere other than the United States. It is really unique that this particular story takes place in Ireland and it made it that much more interesting to read. The first 50 pages made me want to hop on a plane and fly to Ireland. The author does a fabulous job at setting up her scenes and making the reader feel like they are inside of her story. She obviously did her research with this book. I did have a semi-difficult time with all of the Irish names and lingo since I’m not familiar with it. It wasn’t that big of a deal that it bothered me though.

Characters and Plot Points: I was completely in love with the book until I reached the point in the story where the main character, Megan, learns about her special abilities. When the DeRis’ family is trying to explain everything to Megan, specifically about themselves and the Royal Blood line and how Megan was tied to that, I had to re-read that bit multiple times before I fully understood it. Even then, I still felt it was too complicated and could have been done better. I’m still not sure that I fully understand it one hundred percent.

The romance between Megan and Adam is pretty fast and slightly idealistic, a bit too much for my liking, even though there is a possible reason as to why they were instantly drawn to one another. Although, I have to admit I was rooting for them to get together from the very beginning.

Final Thoughts: This book is the first one in the Carrier series and I can’t wait to find out what is going to happen next. It does have its flaws but nothing major that would make me not want to read the next addition. For anyone who enjoys unique setting coupled with the paranormal, I would recommend giving this book a try!
Good Points
Love the plot and setting
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account