Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Anatomical Shape of a Heart is unlike any young adult contemporary novel that I have ever read. There is so much more to this story than a romance. It’s about artist who create beautiful and thought provoking art pieces. The families of the main characters are an integral part of the story which is not only refreshing to read but it adds more depth to The Anatomical Shape of a Heart. There is something in this book for everyone. Those who are drawn to the book because of the artistic main characters and setting will love reading about Bex’s fascination with medical illustration. The romance junkies will fall in love with Jack and Bex’s love story. Which was so beautifully written. This is not one of those fluffy, cliche, immature that can normally be found in young adult contemporary. There was a meeting of the minds with Jack and Bex, they made each other grow artistically and it progressed into love. While I did like their romance it’s not what kept me up until 3:15 am reading The Anatomical Shape of a Heart. Like I’ve said before this is more than a contemporary romance. There are elements of mystery in this book that while I can’t talk about in my review, I did think that it was a great addition to the story. My favorite aspect of the story was reading about Bex’s artistic journey through the story. That us readers were able to see Bex finding herself as an artist through the art pieces that Jenn Bennett described beautifully. Even though I’m not remotely artistic I was able to envision all of the art work in the story. That just goes to show you how brilliantly The Anatomical Shape of a Heart is written. There is so much more that I want to say, that I want to talk about with you guys but you are going to have to experience this for yourself. Trust me you won’t regret it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account