N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Mia b Ensin

The Adoration of Jenna Fox is a some what misleading book. You can read the back and the first chapters and still have no idea you were reading a science fiction novel. I'm really not a big fan of sci-fi but once I started the book, I figured I might as well finish it-- its the kind of story you need to continue reading, because its somewhat confusing, and you just want to clear everything up in the end. 

This book follows a teenage girl after a near fatal accident, and what her parents will do to keep her alive. Because the story takes place in first person, the narration is a little different; the main character's memory (because she was in a coma) is full of holes, and the narration reflects this. It takes place about 30 or so years in the future, which was pretty much the most intriguing part of the story, in my opinion.  The ending was pretty great, and so are some of the issues it touches on, but I wish the author had gone a little deeper into the setting of the story. It took place in such an intersting setting, I would have liked to have learned a little bit more.

Overall, the plotline itsself is pretty good. The best way I can discribe the way the story is laid out for you, is like the movie 7 Pounds with Will Smith, if you've seen that. You don't really understand 100% percent of whats going on until the end-there are unrelated flashbacks, and references to past events that you learn more about later on.  But if you like that kind of book, this is definetly the novel for you.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account