N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Beth Revis

THE ADORATION OF JENNA FOX is a lovely science fiction that reads like a thriller. This is a great book for people who don't like science fiction and who are more focused on reading about characters and plot than science.

I enjoyed the way the author, Mary Pearson, uses science like JK Rowling uses magic: it's not explained, it's just there and it works. The main character's understanding of the "how" of the science is limited (and therefore, so is the readers), but nevertheless, this just meant that the science didn't get in the way of the plot. It's not important HOW everything happened--what's important in this story is WHY it happened...and how it effects all of the characters.

Another thing I felt was really well done in this book is the secondary characters. None of them were cliched sketches of high schoolers. Each secondary character was unique in and of himself, and each one seemed to have a story hidden within.

My only quibble with the story is the end. It was a bit abrupt for me--the epilogue chapter felt out of sync with the rest of the book, and I would have preferred either to be left hanging, or to have a more thorough explaination of the characters' futures. Then again, I'm rarely a fan of epilogues....

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account