Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Oh my gosh - Tempest is definitely one of the best books of the year. I was entranced from page one and did not want to put it down until I finished. Julie Cross takes a unique perspective on time travel, and it was so much fun to read.

I loved the characters, particularly Jackson, Holly, and Adam. Holly was such a unique character, she was such a strong person. There were a lot of smaller characters too that I hope to see more from in the next 2 books, because I loved them a lot.

I loved that there were so many questions to be asked in Tempest. I felt like everything was new and I loved discovering what was going on, who was behind it, what else it to come, etc. There was nothing I could guess, and even when I thought I was figuring something out, Julie Cross would throw something else new at readers. The plot got more intense and built with every page. I was on the edge of my seat for a good portion of the book.

I am very curious to see where the story will go from here. Julie Cross has designed a story that is so intriguing and unique. I loved that there were so many touching, heart felt moments mixed among the intensity the rest of the book had. It was just really nicely balanced throughout the entirety of the novel.

This was an absolutely thrilling debut and I cannot wait to hear more from Jackson! The wait until book 2 will be painful, especially after the ending Julie Cross has left readers with. Tempest's cover is one of my favorites in awhile. This is a book I will earnestly recommend to all, as it was one heck of a read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account