Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
There's really not very much I can think to say about this that won't be spoilery. Every thought and emotion I had during this book has something to do with something huge that happens in the book. Although I can say that I'm absolutely in love with the cover. :) It fits so well with the book, and if we're honest, I'd love it even if it had nothing to do with the book at all.

Tempest is amazing, plain and simple. I fell in love with Jackson right from the beginning. (Well, okay, not right from the start. I was actually pretty bored in the first 10 pages, but after that, I was in it 'till the end.) It's not very often that I read from the perspective of a guy, but Jackson didn't disappoint. He was easy to relate to, but at the same time, it was easy to tell he was a guy. Jackson was exactly the type of hero I love - the closet type who you would never suspect, but you find out just how heroic he is.

Jackson's time-traveling is another thing I really loved. I can't say I've read many involving that, either, and I loved how Cross described it.

Holly is a character I'm a little unsure about. Sometimes I felt like she was being so strong in what she was facing, but other times I felt she was so weak and so dependent on everyone else that it was annoying. Holly is in a very unique situation, as is Jackson, but I felt like Jackson dealt with it a lot better than Holly. Maybe because there was actually something Jackson could do about it, as opposed to Holly who really couldn't do anything to change her fate.

The writing style was easy to read, but at the same time, it left an impact on me. Jackson's emotions came through so clearly, his despair at losing Holly, his fear that he wouldn't be able to save her when he goes back.

Admittedly, when I look back on it, the ending was kind of predictable. But when I was reading it, I wanted to scream and throw things at the unfairness of it all. Needless to say, I'm definitely dying for the next book. ;)

Overall: Tempest is an emotional rollercoaster with some adorable moments thrown in. It's a book that made me feel for the characters, connect with them, fall in love with them. And while I can't say I liked the first 10 pages, after that I couldn't stop reading. 4.5 stars.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account