Review Detail

4.2 6
Young Adult Fiction 285
A refreshing new side of the "vampire" novel!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked up 'Team Human', but I love author Sarah Rees Brennan, so I wanted to give it a shot. I'm so glad I did!

First of all, this is not your typical vampire/human love story. Mel and Cathy are best friends and I loved their relationship. Mel tries to protect Cathy when she falls in love with vampire, Francis. I was really touched by how caring Mel was and how much she wanted to protect Cathy, I mean after all, Franci is a vampire! I really love the lesson of friendship that this book has. While Cathy seems to be oblivious to the dangers she is putting herself in, Mel is right there by her side trying to make open her eyes to them. The world building was unique and I enjoyed reading about how people can become vampires, and what a huge risk that is, they could be turned into a zombie in the process!

Francis and Cathy's relationship was not based on physical attraction either. I really loved that. They are both intellectuals and I loved how that was the base of their relationship.

I found this book to be both entertaining, heart warming and towards the end it got my pulse racing. Overall, a lovely, refreshing take on the human/vampire world. I highly recommend this book if you have been looking for a new vampire book that is different from any you've ever read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
July 03, 2012
I do like Brennan, and my students are forever asking for vampire books. It's good to be able to give them one with a twist.
November 05, 2013
I'm not going to lie, I kind of liked Francis. I'm not the biggest fan of his and Cathy's relationship, but I agree that it was nice that their relationship was deeper than looks.
2 results - showing 1 - 2