Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Switched by Amanda Hocking was quite an interesting read. When I read the description, I was thinking fairies, given the whole changeling thing. I could have have been more wrong: trolls. How cool is that? Switched was a fast paced read that dived into a completely unique storyline.

The beginning of Switched was a bit disjointed. I didn't quite get what was going on, and I wasn't completely feeling the story. As time progressed, Wendy began to get more answers to her questions, and things began to make more sense. I really loved the uniqueness of the plot. Everything was so new and it was a lot of fun to read about.

The characters were an interesting mix. The relationship between Finn and Wendy seemed a bit odd at first, there was not a lot of build up. As the story moved on, it did build more and it was really cute. I really liked Matt - he was a character you don't see a lot of, but the parts of the book he was in were some of my favorites. A lot of the other characters fell flat for me. They just didn't seem real, and I had a hard time connecting with them.

Switched was a promising start to the trilogy, and I cannot wait to pick up the other books now. The unique premise is captivating, and really gives it a unique edge to really stand out.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account