Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I did not expect to feel so much emotion while reading this book, but I did, and I loved it.

When Jane boarded the plane headed for Jersey, she didn't expect to get off alive. She was ready to commit suicide before she got off. She'd tried twice before but hadn't succeeded. This time, she had a surefire plan. That plan just didn't include the plane crashing to the ground and killing every passenger except her and a boy named Paul. After Paul convinces her to keep going, they hike through the wilderness in search of rescue and along the way, Paul gives Jane a reason to live.

When I read the summary of this book and saw that it says "only one of them will survive", I had really hoped a character wouldn't die. My hopes were crushed, in the end though. I was crying by the time I finished the book; killing off a main character always does that to me but I understand Alex Morel's reasoning. That character's death taught a few lessons and had a huge impact on the other character's life and the story as a whole.

Jane and Paul were fantastic characters. They definitely could have been real people and were constructed amazingly well. I felt what they felt, and by did that make me feel way more than I expected.

Survive was filled with action, suspense, romance, and everything in between. The scenes and scenarios were so realistic; the emotions were so raw.It was beautiful and heartbreaking and enlightening and soul crushing. It's just one of those books that will probably stick with you.
Hands down five stars.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account