N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Kanksh

"My parents are trying to ruin my life.  Oh yeah, I know that every teenager says that, but I really mean it.  They want me dead.  Or, actually, undead."
Sucks to Be Me, by Kimberley Pauley, was an excellent and engaging read.  From the eleventh sentence - "He wouldn't know (or care) who Stephanie Meyers was if she came up and bit him." - you know this isn't just another Twilight spin off.
Though I found the plot somewhat less action-packed than I usually like, this book is original and funny.  I enjoyed it immensely.  The book is told in first-person limited, from the point of view of Mina - a girl whose parents are vampires.  She is being forced to decide whether or not to become a vampire.  She even has to take lessons and vampires and "turning" - the act of becoming a vampire.
There's also plenty of romance in this book as Mina tries to get a date for the prom and learns that looks aren't everything.  In addition, this book has several powerful meanings about learning and discovering who you are and who you're meant to be.
Sarcastic, funny, fast-paced, surprising, and well written, Sucks to Be Me is a wonderful book with something for everybody.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account