Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I think this book would be good as a light/quick read. I didn't really feel attached to it, but it was an interesting take on a classic tale.
Good Points
Strands of Bronze and Gold was a very enjoyable book. I felt that the main character, Sophia Petheram, was believable and entertaining, as was the story line. As the story grew I really felt like Sophia was growing as a character and she started to seem more real to me. In this story, Bernard was a character that was extremely easy to be sympathetic too, which made it easier to be sympathertic to Sophia's plight also. I was very glad that became Sophia such a strong woman later in the book--she really stayed true to her morals and her standards and she didn't let her situation ruin her spirit. She is a great example for young girls. This book had a perfect ending--it was a little predictable, but I was really surprised by how everything came about. Jane Nickerson took inspiration from the original Bluebeard story, but gave it a twist ending that I didn't see coming. Even though the book started off slow for me, I think the ending was worth the wait.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
July 03, 2013
I've been pretty excited about this one, but I keep seeing reviews that lean more towards the negative. Maybe I'll pick it up when I'mm feeling like a slower read.
1 results - showing 1 - 1