Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Jay Kristoff has opened a new realm of fantasy with Stormdancer. Enticing and lush, the world of Stormdancer is one that will captivate readers from the start.

The dynamics of the world were fascinating. I loved the worldbuilding and all the elements of the world. My favorite part of Stormdancer was easily exploring the world and finding out more.

That being said, I found myself confused at the plot. Some of the characters seemed to blend together in my mind and I had trouble remembering which events connected with which character. I never really got into the story and I felt distanced from it. I finished reading and never really had any emotions towards the entirety of the book and I felt like I should have.

I loved Buruu. He was hands down my favorite character of the book. His bluntness and subtle affection towards Yukiko was too awesome.

Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff was a beautifully descriptive narrative from an author I am intrigued to see more from. While Stormdancer had its flaws for me, the writing and the worldbuilding were exceptional. I loved the idea and premise, but for me, this was one that fell a bit flat.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account