Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Starters by Lissa Price was the most original dystopian I have ever read. I had heard tons of hype for Starters, and while it didn't quite live up to that ultimate level of awesome, I still found it to be a very enjoyable read.

The whole idea of Starters is just fascinating, and is what originally intrigued me. Lissa Price really steers away from anything that has been done before, and writes an original story. Starters ended up following a very different path from what I had been expecting, and it was a lot of fun to figure out who was behind what and see what twists Lissa Price would throw at you next.

The beginning of Starters was definitely slower, but by the end of the book the plot builds to a crazy intense high. When I was reading, I found myself a bit disinterested. There was never that urge to not want to put the book down for a minute because I needed to find out what was going to happen next.

I really loved the characters. Blake was awesome - what a charmer. Lauren was another pretty cool character. I'm very curious to see more of both of these two in the sequel!

I am very curious to see where the sequel goes after this one. Starters was a very promising debut from Lissa Price. It had a few flaws, but it was just very original and can only take off from here.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account