N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Sarah Cooke

I'm a 15 year old girl and received this book as a gift for my birthday. At first the book did not really appeal to me, that was until i started to read it. Being a teenager who is at the age where i am soon to experience young love, this really was a fabulous book to read.
The way Stargirl changes to Susan for Leo - the boy she has fallen for - is so heart moving but at the same time makes you realise that someone should love you for you - you shouldn't have to change. The author, Jerry Spinneli, really made this novel worth reading by giving Stargirl and extraordinary, but amazing, personality. She's not like the normal high school student, she's different and maybe this is why Leo fell for her.
He doesn't realise this until she changes back from Susan to Stargirl, and she leaves to never return.
I feel that this is to show that the motto, 'You don't know what you've got until it's gone', is true in some cases.

Overall, this story is one that i will always remember and, at the moment, is definitley one of my favourites. I know that alot of 15 year olds are not into reading these days and i admit that i used to be the same. Not anymore! Especially not after reading this.
Thank you.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account