Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I LOVED Born Wicked, and when you fall in love with the first book in a series, you sometimes worry that the sequel will not live up to your now high standards for that author. Well, Star Cursed not only met, but exceeded all of my expectations.
I loved the dynamic between Cate and Finn. He is extremely supportive and loving and his desire to protect her is so admirable. He cares for her safety, but still trusts in her personal strength and doesn't try to hinder her independence.
I love Cate as a character. She is strong, brave, and worries for her sisters. She had been thrust a large amount of responsibility at such a young age, and has to make some difficult decisions that could possibly impact many lives. My other favorite character is Tess. She is the cute, kind, and extremely smart little sister anyone would love to have!
I feel like this book was a big turning point in the series. There are many revelations, and danger abounds around every corner. Harwood Asylum was especially well depicted, and definitely hit a 10 on the "creep" meter. Spotswood is a master of world and character building, but plot is the driving force in this one. You will be racing along, turning pages well into the night, because you NEED to know what happens next.
The romance in this story is absolutely swoon-worthy, but is also filled with betrayal, intrigue, and tons of magic!
I would recommend Born Wicked, and The Cahill Witch Chronicles as a whole to anyone who loves YA. There is definitely something for everyone here. I promise, if you pick this one up, you will not be dissapointed!
http://www.jessabellareads.com
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account