Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have a love/hate relationship with contemporary novels. But Split was really a novel I loved. This book is one giant emotional roller coaster that has you crying about every five pages. I have read a few books (even some nonfiction) about abusive households. I have even watched my fair share of documentarires and lifetimes movies. But Avasthi writes this book with so much honesty and depth it almost feels like nonfiction. It's terribly sad and heartbreaking, but it's also a survivors story. Jace is the male lead who is finally getting away from his abusive father. He shows up on his brother's doorstep, whom he hasn't seen or spoken to in five years.

The relationship between Jace and Christian is the absolute best part of the book. I love reading about siblings in books, and these brothers show what it means to be bound by blood and memories. Chrisian has already gotten away from the abusive home and has rebuilt his life. When Jace arrives, everything Christian ran away from comes back to face him. Both characters foil each other perfectly. Christian is the mature older brother who has to be this mentor to a kid he hasn't even talked to for five years. They have to rebuild their relationship.

Jace's journey is a heartfelt one. Something that I feel everyone should read. I can honestly say this is one of my favorites books because it felt so damn real. I gasped, I cried, I even wanted to scream. It's moving and provoking, and I would recommend this to anyone who wants to read something that is current and emotional.
Good Points
Emotional
Great Characters
Fast Read
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account