N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Adrianne

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson is very enjoyable to read because it was a girl in the ninth grade and her life in the ninth grade. This novel is very interesting and enjoyable. Reading this novel is a definite positive because it relates to problems that teenage girls(sometimes boys)go through. The characters in the book seemed very real.

One of my favorite characters is Melinda. She is the main character of the book, everything that happens to her seems as though it can, and it does, happen in the world everyday. Melinda has many problems that she has kept from her parents, friends, and teachers for about a whole year. She is very courageous to go through one school year having one friend, and even though she feels she is a failure at times she still lives through those rough times.

Laurie H. Anderson does a great job creating the characters of the book Speak. They seem like the kind of people that walk down the hall ways everday. I would definitely recommend this boo! k to all me friends. They would read it because the context is very readable and just the whole book is wonderful. From reading this novel I learned that your true friends will always be on your side through good times and bad times. I experienced from reading this novel that without friends ones life is incomplete. This book was awesome and teh author should be really proud of it!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account