Review Detail

Song of Silver, Flame Like Night
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Omg I finally finished this. Not because I didn't enjoy it but because I have such a struggle with physically reading books. And I tried to do this on audio but I hated the narrator so physical copy it was. And I enjoyed this book so much. I loved the magic system, the story, the setting, the debate between good and evil. There was so much happening here and it was written in such a good way that I never felt bored. I always wanted to know what happened next. I'm honestly kind of glad it did take me longer to read this because the sequel is out so I can dive right in.

Along with such an interesting storyline, I loved the characters. Lan was phenomenal. She was strong. She was brave. She was sassy. And all in a good way. Lan acknowledged her weakness and eager to learn how to hone her powers. Lan cared, SO DEEPLY, and she just had so much character. Her remarks made me laugh out loud and her sorrow made my heart hurt. And then Zen. Oh what to say about Zen. You know what his outcome was going to be by the end but it still kills you to read it happen. I'm so eager for the next book to see how Zen will overcome his fate! But not only were the main character captivating, but I was invested in every single side character.

Overall, Song of Silver, Flame by Night by Amelie Wen Zhao was such a good read. Even though it took me a while to read it, I savored every single moment. This plot was so well developed and I loved every moment of the path. The magic system was interesting along with this world. And then the characters. I am obsessed. Lan is everything I want in a heroine. And Zen is our poor lost soul that we just want to hug. I highly recommend this book if you enjoy magic, demons, and forbidden arts.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account