N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by jennifer

Someone Like You is about two girls named Scarlett and Halley who are best friends. Scarlett is popular and Halley has always kind of been her quiet sidekick ever since they met. Scarletts boyfriend, Michael, dies in a motorcycle in a motorcycle crash. Scarlett then finds out that she is pregnant with his baby. Halley has to help her through this. Scarlett decides, against her single mothers advice, to go through with the pregnancy and raise the child. While all of this is happening, Halley finds a relationship with a boy named Macon who was Michaels best friend. Halley doesnt introduce him to her parents and her parents dont like the idea of her going out with some kid who they dont know, but Halley keeps their relationship secret from her family after they tell her she cant see him. Halley thinks she loves Macon, but he wants their relationship to go farther physically, and he is pressuring her into having sex with him. Halley doesnt know if she wants to do it or not. She finally decides to have sex with Macon on New Years Eve, but she doesnt go through with it. On the way home that night, while Macon is driving, they get in a car accident in which Halley is badly hurt and rushed to the hospital. Halley decides to end the relationship when he doesnt come to visit her during her recovery. Meanwhile, Scarlett becomes good friends with a new kid named Cameron. The two of them go to prom together. At the prom, Scarletts water breaks and she has a baby girl.
I loved this book. The characters are all easy to relate to, and the storyline is very realistic. I couldnt put it down. Sarah Dessen is my favorite author without any question. I definitely would recommend this book and any of her other books

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account