Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I truly loved the fresh new idea that was Some Quite Place. It was unlike anything I have yet to read. Elizabeth Caldwell was a very interesting character. The fact that she couldn't feel emotions was not only a unique story line, but also had a much deeper meaning for me. I feel that everyone has moments in their life when they either wish they couldn't feel emotions, or literally feel numb. In this aspect, Elizabeth becomes relatable to the reader. You can also see Elizabeth trying to do the right thing for those around her, and for a girl who cannot feel, that is a pretty big deal. Elizabeth Caldwell is not your typical YA teen heroine!
I really enjoyed both love interests in this story. Fear was dark, sexy, and mysterious. Joshua was the shy, thoughtful, and loyal boy next door. Even though there were technically two love interests in this book, I wouldn't call it a "love triangle". Since Elizabeth herself coudn't feel love, it was more like two guys that were interested in her. I feel that it made the story better, not worse, to have the two guys in Elizabeths life. They both helped protect her and figure out why she couldn't feel.
The story was quick paced and exciting. Trying to piece together that is Elizabeth will keep you turning the pages long into the night. I thoroughly enjoyed trying to figure out the mystery, and oh man, you will be surprised!
Some Quiet Place is a deeply moving, suspense filled read that will make you think about emotions in a completely different way. I really feel that this is a must-read for everyone. It tugs at the heart strings and a whole new world is revealed. Regardless of your genre preference, you will find something to connect with here.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account