Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What worked: This is a highly engaging historical tale of a teen warrior who is taken by a rival clan and finds out her beloved dead brother is in fact very much alive and now a part of the hated Riki tribe. Seventeen-year-old Eelyn is tough and true to her Aska clan. What I loved about her is her loyalty to her clan even after she's captured. Eelyn shows true courage and strength throughout her capture.

Fiske is her brother's friend. At first she wants nothing to do with him and hates what he does in order to save her life. She's from the hated Aska clan and more than a few members of the Riki clan show their true feelings towards her. Slowly though a chemistry builds between Fiske and Eelyn. She fights it, fearing by giving in to this emotion she will betray her clan and family.

There's lots of gritty scenes throughout this action packed novel. I'm a big fan of the TV series The Vikings and this novel reminded me so much of that series only with teen protagonists.

Captivating historical novel with a strong teen warrior protagonist who must confront what family really is while putting her faith in a clan she's been taught to hate since childhood. Add a bubbling romance for a winning combo.
Good Points
1. Think Vikings meets Wonder Woman
2. Strong protagonist
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account