Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
No comment.
Good Points
I found myself at lost for words on how to describe the magnificent that is this book. Sky in the Deep left me emotionally distraught--in a good way--and craving for more. I was on edge waiting the whole time reading for what is to come next, but at the same time, I wanted to slow down and not let it end. AHHH!
It is not a story to be taken lightly, for it is filled with heart and soul. Adrienne Young has flawlessly captured the five senses into her writing giving me front seat row in the story. Every word that was uttered was done carefully and purposefully making you not want to miss a single thing said or done.
Sensitive topics such as religion and family were approached in a way that made one listen, understand and feel. The story has a focal point on something that many ya books do not touch much on: family, sibling love, friendship, forgiveness and raw open sweet romance. There is no ya novel, to my knowledge, that has so wondrously captured the open, jealous, and tearful sibling love between a main character and brother. I have utterly and un-shamefully given my heart to this book.
Even though the book is told from a single person point of view, I was able to thoroughly connect with all the characters in the book without feeling any resentment towards any of them. The main character had the aspects of what a true heroine should be like: fierce and independent yet vulnerable and rational.
This book blew my mind. I did not want it to end. I don't know what to do with myself, now. Like, what other books out there can equal this one. This is a story that I am going to reread forever. I will never be able to get over how fantastic this book is.
You will regret passing the opportunity to read this book. Truly from the bottom of my heart, REEEEEEEAAAAAADDDD!! THIS BOOK!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account