Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Riki and Aska are two clans that are fated to fight for following different gods. The Aska believe in Sigr and the Riki pray to Thora. During one of the battles, Aska warrior Eelyn sees her brother Iri wearing Riki armor. It's the same brother that she thought was dead. Not being able to let him go a second time, Eelyn finds herself being taken by the Riki to be traded or enslaved. But her brother has other plans.

Fiske, Iri's friend, buys Eelyn in order to keep her safe at Iri's request. Because of that, she is brought to Fiske and Iri's household and instructed to lay low. Eelyn was never one to hide the fire within her or remain prisoner. However, the more she protests against the Riki, the more she realizes how similar they truly are to her clan. There's also a different type of enemy out there--a common one--and Eelyn may be the only one who can save both Aska and Riki.

I loved watching the romance flare and burn between Fiske and Eelyn. Adrienne Young's writing is so vivid and vibrant that I could see the scenes and feel the emotions crisply as if I were watching it all play out. This book will draw you in and make you finish it in one sitting.

Final Verdict: This book is perfect for fans of mythology, action, and romance. This goes onto the list as one of the best books in 2018.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account