Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Eh. It had promise, but that's about it. I liked the mystery aspect of it. The summary on Netgalley really made it sound interesting and suspenseful. What I got, though, was something else entirely.

I think I'm just going to make a bullet list of what irked me:

* Flat characters. Nothing there. Nada. Bea had promise but she didn't feel well developed. Her friend was pretty good. I liked him.

* The romance factor. It was subtle, but enough to make me say, "Hold the phone!" I am sorry, but if you are a cop/detective and have an interest in a high school senior, you're a friggin idiot. I don't care if she's almost 18 or not. That just annoyed me because it showed how poorly these characters were thought out.

* The daycare episode. You must be a 3rd rate daycare to let something like that happen. With all the rules and laws nowadays, there is no way that would happen. For a book that was supposed to have a modern setting, that was shoddy.

Spoiler Alert below. Be warned.

* "The scene." Now this just made me hoppin mad. I totally screamed "WTFizzle" in my head as I read this. I'm sorry, Bea. You are being raped and you're freakin moaning and groaning and talking dirty to the perv because you think it's going to help you escape? Child boo. That is not believable at all. Not even close. The book took a nose dive right there. Did not recover from that.

Spoiler over.

I did LOL (for real) at one point in Bea's bedroom that I found to be hilarious. I could only imagine what a scene like that in real life would be like. Funny stuff.

It's pretty safe to say this one did nothing for me. I do not recommend it. Love the cover, though.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account