Review Detail

4.4 9
Young Adult Fiction 735
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick: I love Patch.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Well, well, well. I think the summary of this novel might give you a slight different expectation than what actually happens in Silence, especially for a good majority of the book. I read in other reviews that Patch wasn't in the first half of the book and alas, it's true. I was worried about it because I've fallen deeply in lust with Patch and I was afraid it wouldn't be the same without him, but Silence actually moved really well without him and I was completely engrossed in what was going on, though every once in a while I'd be tempted to flip forward to catch a glimpse of him. Of course, he shows up midway through the book...

As per usual, Nora rarely listens to anyone throughout the book and continues to put herself in bad situations. I think a lot of the action depends upon Nora doing something dumb. Sometimes if she stayed put like she's told, she could save herself a world of trouble.

Overall, Silence was good, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting... especially since it's been announced there is now going to be a fourth book and I thought it was a trilogy. I'm not upset by it though, I'm excited, because there were some interesting developments towards the end of the book. I'm just not sure I find Nora a believable character to pull off these interesting developments... Hopefully there will be some believable growth in the next book.

Sorry this review is a little vague. I don't really want to give any spoilers away. Overall, if you've read the first two books and liked them, you'd benefit from reading this. Some people loved it, some people were disappointed, so I think there's a 50/50 chance. I wasn't as disappointed as some of the others, I liked it. But I'm easy to please when Patch is involved.

Read the rest of my review: http://bookcrookliza.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-silence-hush-hush-3-by-becca.html
Good Points
Patch.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account