Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Maggie Stiefvater is an amazing writer. She has talent that literally steams off the pages. When I was reading Shiver I had to make sure a bunch of times it was really young adult because I feel like the writing is that elevated. I loved the book. I'm not the biggest fan of insta-love or any romance that just seems to blossom in forty seconds flat, but I didn't mind this. I think it was how it was written. The connection between Sam and Grace was just...there.

I loved the wolves. I thought it was great how every werewolf was different. Some loved being wolves, some loved being humans. This werewolf book is very unique. It's sad...and I felt myself getting choked up every minute I read on. Stiefvater puts a spin on the wolf lore that makes being a werewolf more than just being cursed to turn into an animal on the full moon. It's about the cold, and about losing your human life slowly until it's gone forever. It's a very heartbreaking premise that made it even harder to read. But I'm glad I read it because it moved me.

Why isn't it getting 5 robots? Well, the beginning is a bit slow and there were some parts that dragged on a little. But the characters really did stick with me. And it made me think...what would happen if you were in that situation? I know it's silly because they're "werewolves," but it's more about having no control and losing your right to choose. It was a fantastic read and I can't wait for the next book in the trilogy.

I recommend this to anyone who likes the cold and who doesn't cry easily. Because I almost made a move for the box of tissues. Be warned, it's an emotional one.
Good Points
Original Wolf Mythology
Emotional
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account