Review Detail

4.3 42
Young Adult Fiction 482
Gorgeous writing, one of my favorites so far this year!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books

Read the original post at iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books

Wow. This is possibly one the best books I've read this year, and I've read quite a few so far. This is one of those heart-wrenching, tear-jerking books that leave you in an emotional wreck. Kind of. I actually read this in a car on a four-hour road trip with four other people, and I don't like being seen crying, so I had to HOLD IN THOSE TEARS. It hurt my throat. :(

Sam and Grace have developed a special relationship over the length of six long years that spans between two different species; one that's so fragile, it can be completely ruined with just one small change. 

I loved the switch between the point of views. I'm a huge fan of these types of books, because sometimes, I just don't want to hear the entire story told by one person. It makes the novel more... round. It's more in-depth, and you feel into the book. 

The werewolves in this book change with the seasons. When it's warm, they're human. When it's cold, they're wolves. This continues for some time, until the wolf eventually matures and remains a wolf forever. This seems to make Grace and Sam's separation inevitable. There is no known cure, and it looks like their love is doomed.

Maggie Stiefvater is just a wonderful writer. She incorporates poetry into the words, and also writes in a lyrical way. The relationship that developed between Grace and Sam didn't seem cheesy. It seemed very real, and complete, and one that you absolutely did not want to break!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account