Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I’m normally not a fan of the “I did this. Then I did that. Then he did that. And this, that, and the other thing. *insert metaphor here*” type writing style, but I think it worked really well for Shatter Me. Juilette has been in an institution with no social contact for almost a year when she gets a new roommate. The author did a great job of showing us how nervous (and conflicted) Juliette was about this, not only because of her previous isolation, but due to her little quirk: a deadly touch.

Of course, that quirk is exactly why the Reestablishment wants her on their side. The Reestablishment is suppose to be…well, reestablishing society. However, Warner, the leader, has other plans; plans that require Juliette as a secret weapon. Warner is one of those characters that I just love to hate! He’s a despicable human being, but I found myself interested in what he had to say, and what he was going to do next. His obsession with Juliette was intense and at times creepy.

In contrast to Warner, is the other man in Juliette’s life, Adam. Adam was a puzzle that I was intrigued by, and I loved learning about him along the way. There was one moment about a third into the book that majorly disappointed me. I can’t say what it is, since it’s a huge spoiler, but I wassad it was there, even though it wasn’t a bad thing. It almost felt like a cop-out to me, and makes things too easy, until we get to Omega Point. Then my opinion changed.

Omega Point is amazing so far! I loved what was revealed about it already, and I’m dying to know more about it and its inhabitants. I also want some answers! Book 2 is too far away!

“The weather, the plants, the animals, and our human survival are all inextricably linked. The natural elements were at war with one another because we abused our ecosystem. Abused our atmosphere. Abused our animals. Abused our fellow man.“
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account