Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Why I Loved It: I wasn't expecting to like love this book. The cover is gorgeous breathtakingly beautiful, but I had a hard time getting into the writing style. Let me give an example of the style I speak of:

“What are you writing?” Cellmate speaks again.
These words are vomit.
This shaky pen is my esophagus.
This sheet of paper is my porcelain bowl.

It was different and strange and really worked for me. It just took me some chapters to adjust and appreciate. Juliette is an incredibly well created character. The style created who she was, naive and confused and emotionally lost. She has spent her life never being able to touch someone without causing them enormous pain. That's a hard existence to live. It isn't until she meets Adam, a boy who is immune to her touch, that her world changes. Even still, Juliette harnesses a great power which is normally craved by ambitious people. Juliette will have to fight to avoid being a pawn in a world full of destruction.

Ms. Mafi has such a unique style that worked so well. The writing is choppy and messy and filled with complete honestly and lies. The world around Juliette has the bleak landscape of many dystopian novels, but it managed to hold it's own and maintain a uniqueness. My ARC of Unravel Me is dying to be read.

The book is a mixture of fantasy and romance with a hint of my beloved X-Men style of sci-fy. It was an incredible read, and one I recommend to those who enjoy fantasy.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account